prediction of boundary crossing
metricname of the metric configuration
targetthreshold value that is checked
windowsize of prediction window in seconds (default 3600). Alternatively you can use an iso8601 duration expression such as ‘PT2H’
trend‘up’ if checking that predictions will be higher than target, ‘down’ if lower than target.
When not set, direction depends on the last observation (‘up’ if target > last_observation)
confidenceLevelconfidence level of the prediction: indicates the minimal proportion of the prediction distribution that must cross the target.
confidenceLevel=0.5(default) can be used with all algorithms, and checks whether the (most likely) prediction crosses the target.
Other values for
confidenceLevelcheck that target is crossed with that confidence (according to the confidence interval produced by the model!).
Currently only Arima supports confidence intervals for predictions.
By default (e.g. confidenceLevel=0.5)
- Crossed means that, according to the model, there is above 50% chance that the target might be crossed;
- Not Crossed hence means that this chance is below 50% (or likewise an above 50% chance that target is NOT crossed).
When low (e.g. confidenceLevel=0.1),
- Crossed means that the target might be attained (at least 1 in 10);
- Not Crossed means that there is above 90% chance that the target will NOT be attained
When high (e.g. confidenceLevel=0.9),
- Crossed means that the target most probably will be attained (more than 9 out of 10, according to the model);
- Not Crossed that there is above 10% chance that the target will NOT be attained
paramsoverrides for the analytics option configuration (see below)
- Crossed if it is predicted that values above (up) or below (down) the target will be attained ( with above
- Not Crossed otherwise
Raw data returned
targetthe target value
crossed_atobservation at which the target is crossed first
confidence_levelconfidence level used to decide whether the target might be attained
prediction_windowthe size of the prediction window in which target crossings are checked
trendup or down, depending whether predictions above or below the target were checked
extremalmaximal lower (‘trend=up’) or minimal upper (‘trend=down’) boundary of the (one-sided) confidence intervals of the predictions.
For c=0.5, this is the maximal (‘trend=up’) or minimal (‘trend=down’) prediction.
last_observationlast observation before the predictions
you must have TS Analytics package to run this sensor.
Before using this sensor, configure the analytics options for
this metric using the analytics dashboard.
Alternatively you should give a complete option configuration in the
on how to specify options.