What is the Waylay Dashboard
The Waylay Dashboard is a multi-tenant, white-labeled dashboard application on top of a single tenant Waylay environment. With the Waylay Dashboard, end customers (typically the customers of Waylay’s customers) get an intuitive and wizard style dashboard to create graphs, alarms, notification tasks and actuations.
Why the Waylay Dashboard
The Waylay Dashboard addresses a number of limitations usually found in open-source visualization tools and comes with the following capabilities:
- Integrated user/role management with the core Waylay platform,
- Access to device meta data, ability to set or use friendly names for devices, or change thresholds for running rules that are derived from the meta data.
- Create alarms and instantiate tasks/rules for notifications
- Flexible device grouping in logical groups with tree based navigation
- Trigger commands on devices
We assume you already have a Waylay account and Waylay environment ready to connect to, and have also requested a hosted version of the dashboard. The Waylay Console environment can then be added to your Waylay hosted environment. There is no limitation on how many Organisations you can support on your Waylay Dashboard instance.
After contacting our support team, you can use the Waylay environment admin account to configure the Waylay Dashboard for your customers: e.g. create Organisations and users, create graph dashboards, per Organisation brand the dashboard, create alarms and actuations, etc.