AWS IoT Core integration
To connect Waylay to your AWS IoT Core environment, you have to configure the following settings
In AWS IoT Core, every device (Thing Shadow) has a unique device name. Once the Waylay AWS Connector is connected and your device publishes data to AWS, the data payload will be forwarded to your Waylay environment. In Waylay, you will automatically find resources with the same id as your AWS Things, as soon as the first message is received.
- Configuration name: Unique name to identify the connector
- Topics: the topics you want Waylay to subscribe to, e.g. ‘$/aws/things/+/shadow/update’ will listen on updates of all your AWS Things Shadow. We will fetch the Thing id via the topic string, e.g. any message published on $/aws/things/MyDevice1/shadow/update will be forwarded to Waylay with a resource id = MyDevice1.
- Multiple topics can be filled in separated with a ‘;’.
- Endpoint: this is the unique endpoint id of your AWS IoT environment (see screenshot below)
- Key: the unique key and secret that Waylay can use to connect to your AWS IoT environment. You retrieve these from https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam
- Secret: the unique key and secret that Waylay can use to connect to your AWS IoT environment. You retrieve these from https://console.aws.amazon.com/iam
- Note: you can (optionally) use Payload Converters to convert message payloads before they are sent to Waylay Broker.